Pivot & Pilot is looking for a video editor with a passion for YouTube and knowledge or interest in (CPG) “Consumer Product Goods” marketing to grow our YouTube channel to attract food, beauty, and lifestyle brands to our branding and e-commerce service. We want our channel to be engaging, funny and not “salesly” but education-focused.
Position Type: Junior
Position Title: Video Editor
Position Start Date: October 2021
Full-time. Mostly Remote, other than filming days in person.
You will be a key member of our marketing team, spearheading our video production & increasing and innovating our YouTube presence. We are looking for fresh ideas and appreciation of new platforms (i.e. TikTok.). We want someone eager to shake things up and make our channel more modern. You will have the opportunity to grow your career and innovate within a creative environment.
Pivot & Pilot is a boutique creative agency that helps product-focused brands get retail-ready and launch online. We focus on branding, packaging design & e-commerce strategies for food, beauty and lifestyle brands. Our team is made up of driven creatives who are excited to innovate and “pivot” in a fast-paced market. Pivot and Pilot provides a balanced working environment that is professional, open-minded, and organized.
A day in the life of a video editor:
- Conceptualizing YouTube content & scripting with our team
- Working with the design team to create graphics for the videos
- Filming & overseeing filming day in our home studio
- Editing videos
- Come up with big ideas & solutions to inefficiencies in our video production process.
- Writing descriptions for videos & creating thumbnails (Keyword optimization, tags, etc)
- Publishing and distributing videos
- Work directly with the internal marketing team to manage promotion & distribution of videos
Digital Tools & Software:
- Google Docs (Documents & Spreadsheets)
- Adobe Suite (Primarily Premiere and After Effects – Open to )
- Asana project management
- Harvest time tracking
What you’ll bring:
- Experience creating and editing video content and applying motion graphics.
- Knowledge of online marketing and branding for products.
- Ability to manage priorities and balance a deadline-driven workload over long-term projects.
- Solutions-oriented, Excellent communication skills and extreme attention to detail, natural foresight of potential setbacks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to contribute in a high performing team environment
- The Pivot & Pilot team values humility, ingenuity, humour, and integrity. We think you’ll be a great fit if you love to see your hard work come to fruition, celebrate achievements, and connect with your team.
- Branding, Website & Design knowledge
- A unique editing style
- Interest in innovative product marketing
- Social media marketing knowledge
- Photoshop and Illustrator proficiency
- If you are a recent graduate or under 30, you may qualify for a grant program.
How to apply: If you are interested in this opportunity at Pivot & Pilot, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and “Video Editor” in the subject line.