Pivot & Pilot is looking for a junior graphic designer with a passion for creating impactful brands, eye-catching packaging, relatable ad campaigns, and intuitive websites for clients in the food, beauty, and lifestyle industries.
Position Type: Junior
Position Title: Junior Graphic Designer
Position Start Date: October 2021
Remote & Full-time
You will be a key member of our Design team creating strategies for brands, from identifying clients’ key brand differentiators and values, market positioning, conceptualization and creation of moodboards, design of visual identities and expanding these onto different applications on both the print and digital spaces. You will have the opportunity to grow your career while backed by a team of other designers and creative directors.
Pivot & Pilot is a boutique creative agency that helps product-focused brands get retail-ready and launch online. We focus on branding, packaging design & e-commerce strategies for food, beauty, and lifestyle brands. Our team is made up of driven creatives who are excited to innovate and “pivot” in a fast-paced market. Pivot and Pilot provides a balanced working environment that is professional, open-minded, and organized.
A day in the life of a designer:
- Consult with clients to identify key differentiators and brand values that will inform the development of brands, websites and/or packaging, etc.
- Participate and present designs in client meetings.
- Meet with clients or other staff members to determine the scope of a project.
- Create print and web mock-ups to present developed brand directions.
- Create website maps, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups for clients’ websites and determine hardware and software requirements.
- Produce graphics and illustrations for brands, packaging designs, websites, and video content.
- Modify or adapt designs based on internal and client feedback.
- Create brand guidelines that communicate the use of a brand identity and all of its components, from colour to brand voice.
- Prepare files for optimal print quality.
- Copyrighting for client presentations and website copy.
Digital Tools & Software
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects)
- Google Drive & Google Docs
What you’ll bring:
- Knowledge of online marketing and branding for products.
- Ability to manage priorities and balance a deadline-driven workload over long-term projects.
- Solutions-oriented, Excellent communication skills and extreme attention to detail, natural foresight of potential setbacks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to contribute in a high performing team environment
- The Pivot & Pilot team values humility, ingenuity, humour, and integrity. We think you’ll be a great fit if you love to see your hard work come to fruition, celebrate achievements, and connect with your team.
- Organized, self-motivated, eager to speak up and contribute (we are a boutique agency and a small team so wearing multiple hats and heavy involvement in the different processes from start to finish is key).
- Any background in Social Media and Digital Marketing.
- Background or Interest in Food, Beauty, and Wellness products (plant-based products, socially and environmentally responsible brands).
- Health-conscious, passionate about creating an impact.
- Experience or interest in YouTube marketing
How to apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity at Pivot & Pilot, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with your name and “Junior Designer” in the subject line.